Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Heart


Dear Caroline,

For my birthday, your dad got me a throwback! When we first met I made an effort to look nice and smell nice as well. My perfume was Clinique Happy Heart. The first bottle was a gift from my dad on my fifteenth birthday. When I ran out, I was out. I didn’t see the point of buying more. So I was surprised when that was what I got for my birthday. it was sweet in a way because I didn’t know that Thomas was even aware that I wore perfume, much less the brand. He told me that this smelled like me. Guess I need to work on still caring about my appearance, huh?

Overall, I have a very happy heart as of late. I’ll admit, I was a brat about my birthday though still maintain that it is a sucky situation. As I get ready to head back to work this week, a lot of my time off has been spent with you. I have read so many uplifting and encouraging adopting stories over my break. That is one of my favorite things to do. Reading stories of adoption success, designed by God’s own hand makes me so confident in our plans. If anything, we’re falling more in love with you. We’re praying for the people across the interwebs as they make their families complete. I just cannot wait until it is our turn.

Wish #68: I wish for you appreciate the small things about the love of your life- just like your dad does for me.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment