Dear Caroline,
Sometimes life is a challenge. I mean no one has a good day
every day. The goal is to have more good days than bad. But the thing that I
have learned during this Atlanta adventure is that the person by your side can
make it all worth it.
About a month ago, Thomas and I went out on a double date
with friends/family and we realized that we needed to keep dating-both each
other and our new city. Since that time, we’ve been planning little dates for
each other. Thomas had the month of February, and I’m taking the month of
March. I’ve never been one to think that marriage is easy. Anyone who tells you
it is easy, is lying to you. I think we have one of the better marriages I know
of, and yet it is still hard.
Thomas got to plan the first of our new dates. We did go out
as a family during the Valentines Weekend. My beautiful and talented cousin had
an interview for Governor’s Honors and crashed with us that weekend. We had so
much fun spending time with family and we went out to an improv show. Thomas
even got picked to be a part of the show. The curse of Vanus strikes again. He
actually had a lot of fun and we had fun watching. Later in the month, a bill
impacting education was up for a Senate hearing and we decided to show our
support and attend the hearing. As far as the romance goes, the date was kind
of a fail. We walked all over Atlanta though and really got an idea for
downtown. The restaurant Thomas picked didn’t work out, but it was an
invaluable day to Georgia’s teachers and our futures. Thomas was asked by an
action group to testify and he was awesome! All of that debate training paid
off. He is now working with said action group. This could possibly lead to
bigger and better things in the future. As kind of a makeup date, he took to me
to Atlantic Station to pick up some new clothes from alterations (hey, he
married a shorty) and to lunch at a cute little place called the Pearl and the
Pig. He got lucky, as it was brunch and I L-O-V-E brunch. I ended up getting
this egg, gravy, brisket skillet thing and it was delicious. It kind of reminds
me of The Egg back home. We also walked around and got a feel of the area. Thomas
also surprised me with a present from Clinique.
March has officially started so it is now my turn. I think
that rather than plan one big date (which I did), I’d rather include smaller
acts throughout the month to show that I love him. Last night I went and picked
up dinner. I knew he was going to be exhausted and I didn’t want him to have to
sit in traffic. He was so happy and appreciative. I honestly believe that the
small things in the small days can make or break a couple. I hope to continue
to make him happy and show him that I love him. I do have a big date planned
next weekend. I hope that it will be memorable and special and us.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment