Sunday, April 14, 2013

Summer Dreamin'


Dear Caroline,

As I write this letter, I am supposed to be working on homework for my Master’s program and working on lesson plans for the week. But as usual, I am procrastinating to the very last minute. I enjoy my lazy weekends. I so hope that you do not take after me in this regard. Not that Thomas is much better. He loves to put things off to the last minute!

Summer is only five short weeks away. We’ve only just begun making our summer plans. We’re planning a short trip to Atlanta, to Savannah, and to the beach to close the summer out. We’re saving the big trip for my birthday in December and January with a cruise. I also hope to make lots and lots of day trips to the island with your Aunts Katie, Leah, and Hannah. I see many days soaking up the sun. I have two months to relax, but not really at the same time. I’ll be taking three classes this summer to finish up my degree in December. That will be a full time job.

Thomas will be working this summer and I think he might be closer to deciding what he wants to do with his career. We’re becoming adults. Real life adults, and it feels so good. We’re getting closer to you baby girl.

Wish #78: Don’t take after your mama. Don’t procrastinate!

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment