Dear Caroline,
This weekend, I was finally able to cross something off of
my bucket list that has been sitting there since 2007.
When I was a senior in high school, my friend Dustin won
tickets to see Corey Smith through the local radio station. The problem was
that the concert was being held at a bar and my mother was not comfortable with
me going. So most of my friends went to see Corey Smith without me. I was
heartbroken!
Fast forward eight years. Two teacher friends and I (who I am
going to miss very, very much) went to see Corey Smith in Tifton, Georgia. It was
an amazing concert. It was such a good time and it was funny in that everyone
around us was completely trashed! He sang ALL of his “old” stuff circa 2007.
In a way it felt very full circle. I am in a way graduating
from my current position and moving on and away. I am happy I was able to
complete this item on my bucket list with such good friends. Corey Smith has
this song called “If I Could Do It Again” wherein he describes all of the
choices he made over the course of a spring break and even though some of those
choices were majorly stupid, he wouldn’t change a thing.
![]() | ||
| Corey Smith in Concert |
I feel that way as I am working my way through our things
and packing up our lives to begin this next chapter. Though my life hasn’t
exactly gone according to our plans, I wouldn’t change anything. We have made
our fair share of mistakes and detours. But without this detour, I don’t think I
would as close to my family if we had moved or stayed in our college town. I wouldn’t
have been friends with my teaching team. I wouldn’t have been in the position
to take on this new challenge. Overall, I wouldn’t change a thing even if I could
do it again.
Wish #100: I wish for you to live your life without regrets.
No changes for you either.
Love always

No comments:
Post a Comment