Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A move

Dear Caroline,

This has been one of the quickest weeks of my life so far. I honestly feel as though I have hitched myself to tornado that has not allowed any breathing room. Moving day has come and gone and….

We are officially residents of the Atlanta Metro area.

Who knew we had this much stuff?


It almost didn’t happen! We packed (almost) everything we own into a trailer and our cars. We had the absolute most supportive helpers and family to assist us in this move and I don’t want to be negative! BUT on the way to Atlanta, the truck that was hauling our possessions broke down. My amazing uncle was so patient and knowledgeable and fixed the truck in the July, Georgia heat. And it was hot. Really hot.

After almost doubling the drive time we made it and unloaded the trailer. We got them up a flight of stairs and into our new apartment. We ordered Chinese food and purchased a deep freezer (and also made it up the stairs).

We have slowly been making progress unpacking everything here at the apartment and making it feel more like a home. I do think that it will take a lot of adjustment just because it has been such a culture shock. I have also been making progress within my classroom. That’s right. I also start a new job on Monday!

I have learned so much about myself and our relationship and my relationship with my family. You are so lucky baby girl. You are coming into one amazing family. One of my uncles graciously let us borrow his truck. My uncle not only drove us up there, but he also fixed the truck. He also helped us pack. My aunt drove my car up there and also helped us pack up and clean up behind us. My cousin helped us with the heavy lifting and was just great. And my mom. We have gotten so much closer since I returned to my hometown. We had lunch dates and breakfast dates and shopping trips and just general girl days. She has always, always been so supportive of our dreams and I am not going to lie, it was hard to leave on Saturday. We both hugged and cried and it was hard. Honestly, I am tearing up thinking about that moment. I have been so lucky and blessed to have these people loving me and being on my team. I just have to remember that they aren’t that far away. Right?


Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment