Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

Dear Caroline,

Today is a lazy Saturday before the storm. I start my first teaching job on Monday and I am enjoying the quiet. Before I get up and get started on lesson plans, I wanted to share something with you. From Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” I think that my life is so different from how I anticipated it to go. Right now, we’ve been married for just about two months and we’re living in my hometown next to my mother. This is not my plan! But, I know that because of these decisions we’re able to both have amazing jobs and save a lot of money so that when we meet the adoptions conditions, we’ll be able to go to China and make our family complete. I also think that this verse applies so much to you. You have already been destined to become a member of our family. You are a part of a larger plan to live with me here. I am so thankful that because of God’s plans for you, you will grow up in a country that has so much and with a family that loves you and wants to provide you with an amazing future. Many choices will have to be made by you and I hope to raise you up in the spirit of the Lord so that when you face a difficult decision, you will seek God’s will and make the choice that will enable your future. We’re taking the first steps now to ensure you’ll have the opportunities you deserve. What you do with those opportunities is up to you.
Love always

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on your posts now. Thanks for making me cry. ;)

    ReplyDelete