Dear Caroline,
I had another dream of you. In this dream you were wearing a pink polka dot bikini with a matching bonnet at the beach. It was not the first time I’ve dreamt of you, but this is one of the more real ones. I got up and took a shower to get my very first real job and I spent the day dreaming of you. Even if you join our family in the smallest window possible, we still have a nine-year wait assuming the current adoption laws do not change. I often think of how in our lives everything happens for a reason. I wonder who your biological parents are. I wonder what they are doing in their lives and if they already know each other. It often stuns me that they are normal people living their lives on the other side of the world. They have no idea where their lives are heading and that one-day their daughter will be so loved. I wish I could tell them how long I have dreamed and hoped for you. I wish I could tell them how grateful we are for their sacrifice and that you will be cherished everyday of your life here with your forever family. It also amazes me to love and miss someone so much. I cannot wait to meet you, but know that you are never far from my thoughts. You are eagerly awaited.
Love Always
No comments:
Post a Comment