Dear Caroline,
The more time I spend writing letters to you, the more I
must consider the math. A majority of children are between eight to fifteen
months when they are adopted from China. My goal as of now is to give you these
letters when you graduate from high school which, based on my math, is
approximately the year 2037. I will be forty-eight years old.
As a young person of twenty-four, that is an impossible
thought. I am so young with so many wonderful years ahead of me with so many of
my goals yet to be accomplished. I want
so many difficult things. But growing old, quite frankly, it scares me to
death! Pondering myself at nearly fifty is an impossible thought. My life would
be halfway over if I live to be one hundred. Pondering your own mortality is
not very pleasant especially when I reflect on what I have already accomplished
and the things that I never got to do. And I’m only twenty-four!
The strangest part of writing these letters is the fact that
you will only know me as the nearly fifty mom you’ve always known. Imagining me
as the twenty something writing to you on a Saturday night probably seems just
as impossible to you as you read it.
Time is such a tricky thing and such a gift. I hope to never
waste it, but to live life to its fullest. I still want to life abroad and to
graduate with my masters and, and, and… I don’t want to be someone who lives my
whole life in my hometown and never experiences life. I want so many of these
things for you as well. Be a girl of experiences!
Wish #75: I wish for you to set your dreams and never lose
sight of them!
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment