Dear Caroline,
Thomas works a crazy schedule with three on-three off. I
usually bum around, work on homework, catch up on all of the girly shows on the
DVR, and spend time with the girls. So when Thomas is off work, we always try
to make it count. These past three off were especially special because it was
America’s birthday!
Since it was Thomas’ last day off and it has been raining
cats and dogs lately, we made the decision to celebrate America on the third.
We bought Braves tickets weeks ago in the hopes of seeing the Bravos win and
some spectacular fireworks. I haven’t seen fireworks on the fourth in ages.
But we did have some hiccups. It has literally been raining everyday for
about two weeks. I’m not much of an outdoorsy girl so the idea of getting
rained on for nine innings was not exactly my idea of fun. Also, whether he
wants to admit it or not, Thomas has a stomach ulcer. He has been in so much
pain lately; I did not think we were going to make it.
But we did. I have been blessed with a husband who is both a
natural encourager and an optimist. We bravely hit the road with youngest
sister for our first Braves game of this season. As predicted, it rained pretty
much the entire time but we were prepared and rocked ponchos for the game. There
was even a little family sitting behind us with their adopted Chinese baby
girls. It made me jealous and excited all at the same time. The girls were
wearing little flag dresses and were cheering and tomahawk chopping with the
rest of us. Very sweet. We ended up losing, but it was still a fun time with
somewhat subdued fireworks due to rain. We are hoping to make another, somewhat
drier game later in the summer. But it was fun to go and celebrate America with
several thousand of our closest friends. Maybe a 4th at the ballpark
is in our future?
![]() |
| We had Club seating. It came in handy since it was under the shelter. |
![]() |
| Sorry about the quality baby girl! I only took my iPhone. |
For the actual 4th we had a little date night. We
went to our local movie theater and saw The Lone Ranger. Thomas totally loved
it being a fan of the radio show, while I was less enthused. But it was still
fun. On the way home we stopped at a convenience store and picked up some Ben
and Jerry’s Half-Baked ice cream. We ate it in bed and watched old episodes of
The Office. Sometimes it is nice to stay home in pajamas and just enjoy your
husband. I am (and you are) so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life.
Wish #87: I wish for you to love baseball as much as we do
in this family.
Love always


No comments:
Post a Comment