Dear Caroline,
As a Catholic and a converted Catholic at that, it is important for me to
know exactly what I believe in. Because of that I get the Catechism broken down
and emailed to me on a daily basis. No lie, sometimes it is crazy boring. But
today’s entry was so beautiful that I have to share it with you! Quoting from
the Catechism itself,
The Second Commandment: You Shall Not Take the Name of the Lord Your God in Vain. What does it mean for a Christian to be baptized with a particular name?“In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”, the person is baptized with a name. The name and the face are ultimately what make a person unique, even in God’s sight. “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine” (Is 43:1).
Christians treat the name of a person reverently, because the name is profoundly connected with that person’s identity and dignity. From time immemorial Christians have selected names for their children from the list of the saints; they do so in the belief that the patron saint is an example for them and will intercede with God for them in a special way.
How beautiful is that? I think that is overpowering that God,
the master of the universe knows each of his creations by name. We are all redeemed
and known by name by our Father. Thomas and I so agree that a name is so
important to a person’s development and can influence how you grow up. Everyone
needs a strong name that can transition to adulthood. We want you to grow up
and have many doors open to you. Therefore we prayerfully decided on Caroline
Elisabeth.
The meaning of the name Caroline is Beautiful Woman
The meaning of the name Elizabeth is God Is My Oath
I can definitely see the potential for nicknames here maybe a
Cara or Lizzy, but I do want you to be able to grow up with your name and not
be limited by it in anyway. I have always loved the name Caroline since I was a
little girl. Elisabeth is a nod to my middle sister, but also in the tradition
of the Catholic Church we wanted to have a wonderful saint to look after you
and consider you in her prayer life. There are two wonderful saints named
Elizabeth. St. Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, and St. Elizabeth Ann
Seton the first American saint. Both women are wonderful faith examples for you
and for me. I love you baby girl and want you to know that we are already
praying for you by name.
Wish #86: I wish for a wonderful and joyful attitude for you.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment