Sunday, October 20, 2013

Breaking into Fall


Dear Caroline,

Your mama and daddy have been so busy this October. This is my favorite weather for weather. It is cool but not too cold. Warm but not too hot. Amazing clothes. I get to bring my boots out of storage. We also have fall break in October, which means traveling and trying new things for us.

Fall Break began with a drive to the middle of nowhere for a beautiful wedding. Gareth, one of our best friends from college and one of your dad’s groomsman, got married on October 5th. We had amazing time being apart of their special day. Another bonus of this wedding was that our friends from college, including our godparents (still makes me chuckle as Thomas is older than them both!) were there. We had our own table and caught up late into the evening. It was an amazing day full of love.

We visited Savannah for our Fall Break. We stayed at a nice little hotel on a historic square. We were within walking distance of everything! We were one block over from both River Street and City Market. It was Thomas’ first real trip to Savannah and so we did a lot of touristy things. We went for a river ride on the Savannah River Queen. We rode the trolley around to see the sites. I was finally able to visit Button Gwinnett’s grave in the Old Colonial Cemetery. I have been trying to visit his grave for several years, but no one in my family was ever willing to look with me or the visit was an in-and-out kind of thing. Your amazing daddy, also the history nerd, was more than willing to walk all over the cemetery to help me find it. It was really special to share this with him. We had amazing food the entire weekend. I had fabulous, buttery scallops at the Olde Pink House, tried bangers and mash for the fist time and loved them at Kevin Barry’s, and had some amazing gnocchi at Belford’s. And no trip to Savannah is complete without getting fudge and chocolate covered pretzels.  Overall, this trip was about relaxing and enjoying each other. Between us both working full time and us both being full time students, it was a needed escape from our world to just enjoy each other.

Meeting Mr. Gwinnett. 

On our ghost tour at the Sorrell-Weed House. We definitely were spooked!
October is also my mom’s birthday month. Sometimes moms are selfless and birthdays are one of the only times my mom will let us pamper her. Nana to you, my mom is such an amazing mom that loves us and deserves nothing but happiness. We went to brunch at one of our favorite Tallahassee restaurants and did presents and great food. I am so blessed to have my mama in my life.

October has been super fun, but I’ll save the Halloween updates for next time. I will say this though, baby girl. Whenever we take a trip or celebrate a special day, we miss you with everything I’ve got. It never gets any easier, but we’re getting closer to bringing you into our lives everyday!

Wish #94: I wish for lots of birthdays with you, me, and Nana makes three.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment