Saturday, September 21, 2013

Friday-Night Date-Night


Dear Caroline,

Last night I realized how much more mature and comfortable I am with my life. Thomas and I had this “amazing” date night plan- putt putt golf, dinner, and a movie. But you know what, we decided to pass on the golf and the movie. What is the point of doing something just to do them? So instead we decided to have a long dinner with lots of great conversation, get dessert at Fresh Market, and watch a movie at home. Dinner was fabulous. Olive Garden, while absolutely not authentic, it is still great food. My favorite is the Americanized Chicken Parmesan and the lasagna fritters. For dessert, we went to our favorite grocery store. Little weird? Maybe. But it is so, so worth it. I had a cannoli and got an éclair for later. Thomas got some really sour jellybeans. When we went to pay, we realized that Thomas left the debit card at the restaurant! So we did have to go back to that side of town to pick it up. On our way out of town, we hit up Books-a-Million for some books. I of course got books for the classroom rather than the book series I’ve been dying to read. I just don’t think I’ll have the time until after I graduate in December. When we got home, we watched one of Thomas’ favorite movies, which means an awful movie. Yes, I fell asleep in the middle, but that’s okay. I get to sleep next to an amazing man.

What is the point of the Friday-Night Date-Night summary? Honestly, I loved last night way more than going out to a movie and putt-putt. I think this showcases the point of choosing the right partner. Love is all about finding the right person to share your life with. A lot of people will say that the heart wants what the heart wants. And I can’t say I disagree, but I spent a lot of praying and reflecting to understand what I really wanted and needed from a relationship instead of just jumping at the first flattery that came along. I hope to spend the rest of my life with this person and we could totally spend each night together laughing and having dessert at home. True love isn’t about the crazy outings (not to say they aren’t needed every once in awhile). It is about the love! When you are with the right person, dinner and a movie at home can mean much more than the busy, distracting activities. What can I say, I am truly in love with this man.

Wish #93: I wish for you to know your own heart and not fall for someone who does not deserve it.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment