Monday, July 7, 2014

Max

Dear Caroline,

As a write this letter I feel as though I am staring across a wide, open ocean. So much is happening and is happening so fast.

There is just so much going on! Your aunts are getting ready for a new adventure by going off to university together. I remember how exciting that was when I was leaving for college seven years ago. In some ways, I wish I were going too. Some of my favorite memories are from those days. When I was putting up my new “big girl” door, I put up a picture of Max from Where the Wild Things Are, and recalled my friend Ashley getting these sweet thank you notes for me as a Christmas present. Being young and feeling invincible is something that you really cannot describe until you’re out of that stage in your life. I do appreciate the things in my life, but at the same time missing that feeling of sheer youth!  Visiting the old college town and looking for the first apartment with the girls is so fun and so sad at the same time. They did in fact find an apartment and it is “perfect”. To be young!

Thomas has been going through a lot lately. Following our vacations, his sciatic nerve began to act up and he has been in near constant pain since June 10th. You know it is bad when my husband agrees to go to the doctor. He starts physical therapy in a week and I’m hoping that he finally begins to get some relief.

As for me, it is finally back to work. I have been stressing and spiraling into a ball of anxiety for a while. In some ways, this experience is comparable to going to a new school vis a vis middle school to high school. You’re suddenly the smallest little fish in this vast ocean. Everywhere I’ve been lately, the most adorable little pre-kers have been out and about. I am going to miss my little babies in the fall and feel completely out of my league with these third graders. I don’t know what to expect. There is a lot more pressure and oversight in third grade. Just getting the room ready has been the biggest process. I am overwhelmed but excited. I am scared but hopeful. But most of all I am thankful for this new opportunity.

Wish #96: I wish for a sense of deep wonder for you as you take this next step in your life. Change is certain, as is my love for you.


Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment