Dear Caroline,
The question of domestic adoption is everywhere. Adoption culture is prevalent in our area. There is a big push for adopting from foster care in Florida and as we get our news from Tallahassee we hear it all the time. I feel as though people often wonder why we aren’t interested in adopting here in the US and there are so many reasons it isn’t even funny. While both types of adoptions have many hurtles, we never really considered domestic adoption. The biggest reason is that we truly believe that you will be born in China and we are only interested in adopting you! However, setting the obvious aside, I would never want to adopt within the US because of the possibility of biological reclaiment.
In international adoption, I feel as though the most difficult part is prior to placement. There are so many different checkpoints that one must complete, but once a placement has been made it is mostly just a waiting game until your forever family is complete. In domestic adoption, the hardest part is after placement. Then come the checkpoints and the waiting period just in case the biological unit “changes their mind”. Say what you will about the Chinese process, but ultimately I truly believe that in the long run the process saves a lot of heartbreak. There are definitely problems and holes in the Chinese process, but overall it is the best available option for us. And it all works out, as that is where you will be born. I never doubt it for a moment.
Wish #42: I wish for you to never care about professional football. No Super bowl for us in this family!
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment