Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks


Dear Caroline,

Happy Fourth of July, sweet girl. In my family, we don’t really do the Fourth big. I believe it has to do with our Christmas Eve traditions from when I was a little girl.

Christmas Eve was always spent with my dad’s family. We did a big dinner and presents with my Dad’s family. While I will always treasure that time with my family, we were all thinking about what was going on at my granddaddy’s house! Every Christmas Eve my grandma would make “fancy” appetizers (which blew my mind as a kid) and we would shoot off fireworks from their back porch. My cousins were mostly boys and would entertain us by blowing stuff up! We had the big fireworks and sparklers and firecrackers. I remember rushing through presents just to get home to watch the twins shoot off fireworks. Our neighbors and family friends would all come to watch our fireworks show. Was it different? Yeah, but that is my family. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Wish #57: I hope for us to develop our own family traditions even if they run five months too late!

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment