Thursday, December 27, 2012

Birthday Pity Party


Dear Caroline,

I would like to go on record for being the one person that hates their birthday. I’ve already talked about how I love to do birthdays big for family members and that is completely true. But I hate my birth date. That is because my birthday is on January 1st aka the most inconvenient birth date besides Christmas. I am not going to lie, it is THE reason I wanted to get married in the summer.

I am not a materialistic person. I don’t own purses or lots of shoes or great clothes. I don’t wear jewelry, make-up, or perfume. What I like the most is being with my friends and family. But because my birthday is on a holiday it is always inconvenient for others to get together. I also hate the idea of postponing my birthday so I’m just out of luck.

My least favorite birthday occurred when I was turning six years old. My parents had decided (again) to postpone my birthday party with my friends until after the first of the year. We were going to celebrate at our local skating rink when…. Dun dun dun…. my mom discovered I had the chicken pox. It was miserable. I was itchy and scratchy and just gross. I remember being so upset that there would be no party because of the stupid pox. I was just flat disappointed.

Lately has also been a disappointment because Thomas has had to work every. single. birthday. that we have been together so my birthday has never been properly celebrated. I kinda hate my birthday.

Wish #64: I hope for you to have a nice, convenient birthday far away from Christmas.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment