Sunday, December 30, 2012

Settling DOWN and Growing UP


Dear Caroline,

Two thousand and twelve. This was supposed to be the last year on Earth according to the Mayans. But we survived the apocalypse safe and sound. After the year that was 2011, it was kind of a let down. A girl doesn’t get married, graduate, and start a full time job every day. This year was all about settling down and growing up.

I am now a second year teacher with such a fun and amazing little class. These kiddos are such personalities that it will be impossible to forget them. I can’t wait to continue to see them learn and grow. I love my job- most of the time.

I am also now a second year wife. We are still very happy and growing everyday. By no means is our relationship perfect, but what relationship is? We love each other very much and cannot wait for the rest of our lives together.

The biggest change in our lives is my enrollment in my Masters program. This was a decision that we prayed about, fought about, and even cried about. In all honesty, I never wanted to get my masters, but it was a great decision financially. I would rather be this stressed out before we have children and use the raise to prepare for you. It is not something that is easy, but things that are worth having never are.

Looking back at my resolutions, I didn’t accomplish any of them the way that I intended. I’ve read the right number of books, but it wasn’t over the course of the year. We are still not going to church or practicing the way I would like, and we still do not have joint checking. What can I say? We’re a work in progress.

Wish #65: I wish for you to be ever satisfied yet never finished growing.

Love always

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for pursuing your Masters degree. You are right in that it is most likely easier before having a family. While Preston has blessed out lives beyond measure, he has also taken up our lives. I feel like I have no time for anything.

    Also, I pray your relationship is always a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day either!

    ReplyDelete