Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Roots and Wings


Dear Caroline,

Heavy. That is the word that I would describe the kind of discussions Thomas and I have been having lately. I can’t deny it anymore… We are grown ups. We are so blessed to have found each other at such a young age, but because of that adulthood has kind of snuck up on us. I can’t believe that I’m at the age where we’re buying cars, talking pets, thinking about moving, and where we are going to live. And all of these decisions will affect you!

First and foremost, we bought your dad his first truck in quite some time. He loves it and we feel as though we got a great deal on it. But we might not feel that way come tax and title time!

We’re talking pets! At Thanksgiving we were blessed enough to be able to visit Thomas’ family in his hometown. His aunt had the most precious baby in the form of a Maltese puppy. (I guess I should be happy it wasn’t a real baby, huh?) Since then we’ve been doing research on bringing one into our family. I’d love a rescue but we’ll see. I’m not much of a dog person so I hope that this is a smooth transition.

The biggest and heaviest conversation of all is the idea of moving. Currently, we’re living in my hometown. I love the idea of roots and traditions. But I just cannot believe that this city is our forever city. We are both so ready for a new start nearer to a church community and the things we are interested in. There are also huge limitations living and working in a city where you grew up in that people still treat you like you’re sixteen years old. We’ve started looking at other areas in our state. We are prayerfully thinking and considering our options trusting in our Father the entire process. After all it isn’t just our future, but yours as well. You are so loved already baby girl.

Wish #63: I wish for you to have an avid and daily prayer life.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment