Dear Caroline,
Tomorrow is Father’s Day. This day is always marked with
sadness and a small amount of hope for what this day could mean. It is no
secret that my relationship with my own father is complicated to say the very,
very least. I think that love comes in many forms and when a person does not
have positive role models it can make love difficult. I believe that many
members of my family loved in the only way that they knew how even when that
way isn’t positive or exactly meaningful.
But tomorrow also makes me feel very hopeful. I think that
Thomas is going to be an amazing yet somewhat spoiling father. I fully
anticipate that you will have him wrapped around your little finger. Right now
he rolls his eyes and makes snarky comments about strangers’ kiddos when they
misbehave in public, and yet I can’t imagine him being a disciplinarian! I do
think he will be a great bathtime-giver, nighttime story reader, bed
tucker-inner, and prayer partner at night. He is going to be an amazing dad and
that so gives me hope for what this day could mean.
In today’s current parenting culture, it is so very
different than how we were raised. Children are getting progressively more and
more spoiled and more and more rotten. Now I’m not a mother as of yet, but it
is not my job to be your friend. It is my job to provide structure, discipline,
and love. It is my job to raise you in a Godly and meaningful way in order for
you to have a successful life in the world. People who raise brats because it
is easy in the short term will come to regret it when they have entitled
teenagers. Both Thomas and I agree to make the tough choices for your success.
We love you baby girl and hope that you know that while we aren’t perfect,
everything that we do is for your success because we love you.
Wish #84: I wish for a wonderful relationship with your
father.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment