Dear Caroline,
Your dad loves me very much. Currently Thomas works on the night shift at a rehab center in a neighboring town. Usually he leaves for work just as I am getting home. When he gets home I am usually heading out the door. He works for three days then is off for three days. I can get lonely when he is working and we miss each other terribly.
Yesterday he surprised me with bring me breakfast. We kissed each other goodbye and I went to work. The morning went as usual except that we continued to see unruly behavior. We were also stressed out waiting on our state consultant to pay us a visit. I look up from my computer and I see my mom standing at our door with a dozen white roses. They are my absolute favorite. The note simply said, “I love you, princess”.
Marriage is difficult. The first five months of marriage have been an adjustment, but the best part of marriage means that you get to spend the rest of your life with your best friend. We promised to love each other for better or for worse. At the end of the day, we remember we are committed to each other and love one another. I get to build my future with someone I love very much. Plus I get to brag about my roses.
Love always
Wish #19: I hope you fall in love with someone who makes you breakfast and sends roses just to make you smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment