Sunday, November 27, 2011

Growing In My Heart



Dear Caroline,

I love that poem by e.e. cummings. It sums up how I feel about adoption. The single best way to describe adoption is that while you’ll never grow inside my tummy, you grow stronger every day in my heart. Pregnancy is a beautiful miracle. It truly is. Several of my friends have started their families recently. They experience a miracle for nine months of having their babies under their hearts. Pregnancy might be in my future but it might not be. I also get to experience a miracle. It is a unique miracle that not everyone gets. I get to dream about my miracle for nine years as opposed to nine months. Instead of growing under my heart, you get to grow in my heart. And you become more and more real every day. I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart.



Wish 25: I wish for you to carry my heart as well.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment