Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dreams

Dear Caroline,

I set a great store on dreams. I believe that dreams can be a way for God and our inner most selves to communicate with us. Don’t get me wrong, most dreams are random but every now and then an amazing truth can come to us while we sleep.

This is an obvious given with me. This journey began eleven years ago with a dream I had of you. I was in a field with really tall grass and I was counting. I opened my eyes and I began to hear the sweetest giggles I’ve never heard. I heard a voice calling to me saying mommy. Then I found you! You were so beautiful in a blue gingham dress and a smile that lit up the room. Over the years I’ve had other dreams of you and have come to believe without a shadow of a doubt that this is our calling.

Over the past two years, I have begun having dreams of other children. Last night I had another one. I always dream of twin boys. I’ve dreamt of being pregnant, baby boys, and being a mother to them.  Last night was another such dream. It was so weird and I’ve had it before. We’re driving home from the hospital with our new babies. In the dream they are named and they are perfect names. I always remember their toes and sweet hands. I remember looking at Thomas each with a perfect baby in loving arms. I always want it to last just one second longer.

I never know if this dream can be real or not. maybe or maybe not. I guess we’ll all find out together won’t we?

Wish #20 (We’re 1/5th of the way to the 100!) I wish for God’s clarity. There are no plans other than His.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment