Dear Caroline,
So every time I go into a store I have to really, really fight the urge to buy to presents! I never realized how integrated you are into my mind.
My “happy place” is now completely wrapped up in you. I was in a pretty uncomfortable situation within the last week and all I could do was to place you here with us in better situations. I imagined taking you to Mass in your sweet little Christmas dress, red and green stockings, and Mary Janes. I could imagine holding you during the homily. Walking with you, crossing your arms, to receive a blessing. Kissing your sweet forehead during the sign of peace.
I also began to think of the less than pleasant aspects of this process. I am not going to lie and say that everyone will be as excited as we are. There are people in our life we are hesitant to tell because of the racial question. Until Sunday, it had not even occurred that we would be identified as being in different racial groups. But after Sunday, it is a question we need to address with other people. My attitude is that it will be their problem to deal with and should they present unhealthy tendencies they will lose all of us in their lives. It will be their problem. Not ours.
We’ve also begun praying on something new. I’ve spent so much time imagining you in my life that I almost lost sight of a larger picture. An ugly truth that I have to accept is that you were considered an orphan. There are so many orphans in this world. When I open my mind enough to let that in, it really breaks my heart. We’ve decided to start praying for a revelation of our plan in this. Does this mean we’re called to adopt more than once? Does it mean we sponsor others’ adoption? Does it mean we volunteer overseas? Does it mean we foster domestically? There are so many questions on our hearts right now and we’ll be prayerfully considering this calling. I’m starting a new book entitled Called to Adoption: A Christian's Guide to Answering the Call and I’ll let you know what you think! We’re hoping for big things Caroline.
Wish #28: I wish for you to prayerfully consider your calling.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment