Dear Caroline,
Let me first apologize for being such a bad mommy! We went away for Christmas and we didn’t have Internet so I am very behind on your Christmas letters. I promise to catch up before next year!
This Christmas was a bit different. We always start the season with the best of intentions. We always buy an Advent calendar and about halfway through, we quit using it! We decorate the tree and rarely turn the lights on. We always swear we’ll attend every Sunday and Holy Day and this year being so far away from a church, we rarely make them all. This year was especially different as we decided to go away this year.
My grandparents lived their lives to the very fullest. They spent a lot of time in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in Tennessee. This being the first year without them both we decided to visit a place with so many good memories instead of being home with the bad ones.
We tried ice-skating, which was an interesting experience. One of the things I love the most about Thomas is how fearless he can be. He is always so willing to try anything regardless of how it makes him look. He wasn’t that great, but he really gave it a lot of heart. And I was just flat out terrible! [I'm in the blue scarf]
We also visited Cades Cove, which is a part of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Thomas loves nature and flowing water and he had ample opportunity to film some.
We got to experience Christmas through the eyes of my cousins’ son London. He was such a cutie and made Christmas so much more special. Christmas is always more special with children around.
Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas together. But the absolute best part happened on Christmas Eve. We were good Catholics and attended Mass together. We were sitting in the crowded church surrounded by families when Thomas looks over at me and says the thing all mommies-to-be want to hear. He turns to me and says, “ I wish Caroline were here.” Heart melted. I know I say it all the time, but I really mean it when I believe in your certainty. I honestly teared up and thanked God right then and there for blessing me with Thomas. I’m so blessed and happy we’re together and have the same goals. Again, I’m so sorry about the lack of letters, but promise to do better in the future. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in Heaven with the Son. I hope you told him Happy Birthday. As much as I wish you were here, I know your Christmas was much more wondrous than ours could ever hope to be.
Wish #30: I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Love always

No comments:
Post a Comment