Saturday, January 14, 2012

Big Decision


Dear Caroline,

Lately I’ve been weighing a decision. I graduated from VSU less than a year ago with my undergraduate degree, and I have been trying to decide if this is the right time to go back to school to get my masters. There are a lot of things to consider and I just cannot seem to come to a decision.

Pros
  • It is a really good time. I don’t really have a lot of responsibilities right now. I don’t have children, Thomas works nights, and there is not a lot of take home from Pre-K.
  • Many of my friends are starting to talk about going back to school.
  • There a lot of online only programs at my alma mater. And even more around the state.
  • For any pay raises to count in my state, there are time limits to consider.


Cons
  • I don’t have a lot of motivation to go to school. I am exhausted when I get home!
  • It is not fair that I’ve got my degree and Thomas still has two years left. The plan was for him to start back in August. I know how important his degree is to him and it isn’t fair for me to take that away from him.
  • It is expensive! I’d have to take out even more loans.
  • If I stay at my current position, the pay raise will not matter. Pre-K salaries are frozen for the time being.


We’re prayerfully considering our options. There is no answer that stands out to me. I’m not swayed either way and I can see the benefits and detriments of both. I have another month to decide.

Wish #34: I wish to provide you a multitude of educational opportunities.

Love always

**Also if anyone has any advice, don’t hesitate to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment