Monday, June 3, 2013

Thanksgiving


When I was a young girl I used to pray for my long off husband. On a superficial level I wanted tall, green eyes, and naturally athletic. On a deeper level I wanted someone who would support me, make me laugh, and who loved God with his whole heart. I prayed all the time for him and for his safety never knowing if we would meet or make it happen.

God had other plans when we designed my husband for me. My partner in crime life is tall(er than me), he doesn’t have green eyes, and his athleticism is actually annoying because I am not athletic at all. Thomas is everything I prayed for and he even has those things I never knew I always wanted. He is incredibly supportive, he is hysterically funny, he cooks, and he loves peanut butter and graham crackers together. He is a natural encourager. He loves my family. He is completely on board with the adoption plan, and he prays for our little girl every night when we pray together.

When I think of today, of course I remember the dress, music, and the vows. But more importantly, I felt the love and the first glimpse of forever. The past two years we have grown together to make a life together. It hasn’t been easy, but it has been so, so worth it.

I don’t like the word anniversary. Today is much more than that. It isn’t just a day that is marked on a calendar. Today was and is a founding of sorts. Today is the day our family was born out of a mutual love and devotion. I am so thankful for today and for a husband perfectly designed for me by the Creator who loves us both. We have found the one our soul loves.

Wish #82: I wish for you to find the one who your soul loves.

Love always

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried peanut butter and graham crackers together. I have never even heard of it! Random! Hope you had a fantastic anniversary! You truly looked like a princess at your wedding. And I know Thomas agrees...He has always seen you as a princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that day with us! It was so special of you to come. And I know I have a keeper and can't wait to see you at some point this summer.

    ReplyDelete