Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Candy Corn

Dear Caroline,

It has only just turned October. It has finally cooled off and everything is beginning to feel like fall. Which means that the stores and my classroom are bustling with the sounds of Halloween.

I am not a huge participant in Halloween. My parents didn’t “believe” in Halloween so I’ve never dressed up, trick-or-treated, or enjoyed it in general. Two years ago (2009) my roommates were really, really into Halloween and were shocked I had never done anything for Halloween. We went to a pumpkin patch in town and they talked me through carving pumpkins but insisted that I do the work myself to get the “experience” (Never again Caroline. Unless your dad steps up to the plate on this one, you’ll live in a pumpkin free household.) The experience was really gross. It is sticky and disgusting. We even roasted the pumpkin seeds and it reminded me of sunflower seeds in a way. I can’t even remember what I craved into my pumpkin. It rotted in three days and I was really mad that I worked so hard for something so stupid and it didn’t even last that long. I guess I’ll pass on the pumpkin carving.

The next year Thomas and I went to my friend Ashley’s house for a block party. I went trick-or-treating with my then friend and her daughter around the neighborhood. That was actually fun… for the daughter. I felt kind of creepy walking to stranger’s houses and begging for food. But the little girl had so much fun and she was an adorable little tiger. That part of Halloween I could get into. I am all about dressing you up in my mind and imagining your cute Halloween costumes.

It has occurred to me that you will be reading this much after the fact. Which honestly is making me giggle. I hope you roll your eyes and remember some of these costumes fondly. Please know that it brought me happiness even if you were completely embarrassed, but I hope you can appreciate that it made me happy! My top picks for you if you were in our lives right now.

5.) Hermonie- of course! I love Harry Potter and I hope one day you love and appreciate it too.



4.) I love the kids movie Rio and you could be Jul.

3.) You could be Rapunzel from Tangled. Also one of my favorite kids movies right now.

2.) I'd love for you to be Mulan one year.

1.) My absolute favorite idea right now for you is this cute candy corn idea! You would be precious and it is my favorite Halloween candy. I have an image in my mind and I think it is adorable.




Wish #11: I wish for years worth of fun costume memories with you.

Love always

No comments:

Post a Comment