Tuesday, October 18, 2011

**Special Guest Letter**


My dearest Caroline,

This is your daddy. I want you to know when you read this that it wasn’t just your mother thinking of you. The thoughts of and prayers for you came from both of us as we prepared to have you in our lives. Right now, I am sitting on the couch with your mother next me. As we sit here, my mind wanders to what our life will be like with you. There is a hole in my heart that only you will fill. Already, I’ve been dreaming of my beautiful daughter and in this moment, I can picture you in our arms watching TV together as a family. Soon, that dream will become a reality. I only pray that I can love you enough, because you will deserve so much more than we can even give you. Luckily, you have a heavenly father that will make up the difference.

My daughter, I cannot express to you the wonder my mind feels when I contemplate that you will soon be with us. I only wish that I could express that with a greater eloquence, but the miracle you will be is beyond words. God has ordained you to live, and I honestly believe He will arrange you to be ours. Let me end this letter with that thought; for, there is nothing greater than the love of our God. More than anything, I wish for you to know that and His love.

My Wish For You (Daddy-Style): That you will stay my little girl forever and not date until you’re fifty.

Love Always,
Your Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. This is the most precious thing I've ever read. I looooove his wish.

    ReplyDelete