Dear Caroline,
Lately, I’ve been thinking about the importance of family and siblings in particular. Some brothers and sisters have very little to do with each other while some are the best of friends. I would be perfectly content for you to be my only child, but I almost do not feel as though that is fair and our family might feel incomplete. I mean look at my amazing sisters. I can’t imagine not having them in my life.
My dad is an only child. My mom is one of six when you count our cousin Randy. I have always enjoyed the environment of Christmas morning with my mom’s family much more than when we would spend it with my dad’s family. I love the idea of having a big family. I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays and having a large family. I like the idea that you could potentially grow up with your best friend. I guess we’ll need to have “The Talk” I still am completely on the fence. I can appreciate the desire for biological children. I am concerned with timing and health issues. Should we have biological children, I’d want to wait until after the adoption, but is 32 too late? I want to enjoy you and savor your baby time. I wouldn’t want to be pregnant and spoil that. Something I have been thinking a lot about is adopting for the second time. I think it would foster a sense of community for you and it is something I am interested in as well. But it is so far away, I am unsure if it is something I want to do or if it is a part of the plan. One thing is for sure is that Thomas and I need to have “The Talk” about all of this. One thing that we both agree on is that we do not want children right NOW. We both want to wait until Thomas turns thirty, which is about five years from now and maybe even longer than that. I think that is really for the best, as I want you to have some cousins who are near to your age. We’ll have to start talking and praying. Just know that either way our family will never be complete without you.
Wish # 14: I wish for you to have the kind of fond memories that I have with my sisters.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment