Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pomp and Circumstance


Dear Caroline,

Yesterday your Aunt Leah graduated from high school. The baby did good. My sister graduated with honors in the Class of 2012. She was amazing and enjoyed high school.

I love my family. My sister is one of the best people I know, as is my other sister. Leah and I are five years apart and in many ways we are very much alike. We get asked if we’re twins all the time. And I admit we favor. We have the same taste in movies, and whenever there is a good documentary on History channel, I can usually count on a watching buddy. We both enjoy reading and having deep conversations about our books. But when we were younger, whew! we did not get along. I’m sure if you have spent any amount of time with your Aunt Leah, she will not have wasted any time telling you about how her big sister used to torture her. I’m not sure how much time you will have spent with her, as she hates children. I hope as your grow up she gets over it and you will have a close, fun relationship with her. I know that I have!

As for your (potential) brothers or sisters, we have prayerfully settled on their names. Should you have a sister, her name will be Avery Ann. And if you have brothers, their names will be Robert Jude and Gabriel Arthur. I’ve had a feeling that I will have boys if we ever have biological children. Twins actually. Those are just very premature feelings at this point as we’re not considering have children for at least another eight years. Nor do I want to even consider it. But you must know by now how I feel about dreams!

I am so proud of my baby sister and I cannot wait to be in that moment with you as graduate from high school and college and graduate school and any terminal degree you might pursue. Too soon? Okay let’s focus on getting you here first. Love you baby girl.




Wish #51: I wish for you to remember that not all sibling relationships start out close. Sometimes you need some space and distance to appreciate your family.

Love always 

No comments:

Post a Comment