Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wedding Recap Part Four- Celebrating with Family and Friends



Dear Caroline,

We’re married! We got married for the second time in front these amazing French doors and after the big kiss, we entered right into the reception.

It was air-conditioned! Beautifully and amazingly air-conditioned. We were so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so many people. An amazing Southern lady catered for us and made some of the best food I’ve ever had including some bacon wrapped sausage. I think I could eat that food everyday!

Our wedding cake was also amazing. I have a second family that would honestly do anything for me and us for them. I found a picture of what I would have liked our wedding cake to look like. I showed it to Flo and she said no problem. She made our beautiful cake as a wedding gift to us and it looked just like the picture. Truly blessed!












So many people we loved were there and so many family members came as well as friends new and old. What I remember most is how much of a blur everything was. I remember checking in with so many people, and yet not really seeing anyone. I remember my amazing mentor teacher from student teaching and her sweet, sweet girls. They looked stunning in their dresses. They passed out the favors and gave me some of the best pictures of the day. I remember weddings at that age and thinking the bride was a princess. They made me feel like one. Sweet baby Ben let me hold him and made some pretty cute faces. I remember thinking the flowers and the entire room looked amazing. I remember seeing our little sweetheart table and never getting to use it! Most special of all was 1/2 of the reason we are got married being in attendance. When I was fifteen and Thomas was a senior, his debate coach forced him to attend this tournament. That tournament was where we ultimately met and without that meeting we probably would never have even met. She has always been so supportive and kept in touch all these years. I was so happy for her to come and share this day with us. I have a feeling she'll always be present at important moments for us. I remember taking everything in and wanting more time. I remember multiple times my mom coming to me and saying its time to leave. I didn’t want to leave! I was having too good of a time. I changed out of my dress and changed into a red dress only to discover that I had forgotten to shave my legs. Oops! Sweet little Ava and Sara passed out our favors, which were sweet little cookie cutters while my mom passed out the bubbles. We got ready to leave and my sisters had decorated the car. Thankfully it was G rated as there were lots of kids in attendance. We walked (the pictures look like I pranced) to our car under a shower of bubbles. A reception is by definition a thank you for everyone. We were so happy to celebrate and share this moment with everyone who we really cared about. 

Next up hear about our sweet little honeymoon.


Love always 

1 comment: