Dear Caroline,
I almost forgot! Today I’ve been married for three months. I was reading on another blog a recap of the author’s wedding day and I thought that doing that might be appropriate.
I am going to be completely honest. I barely remember anything! I barely remember anything about the ceremony and reception at all. It was such a looked forward to event and after a year of my mom planning just about everything, I really don’t remember much and what I do remember is actually kind of rude and will be omitted to protect the guilty. Although it isn’t really a secret and I’m sure the inevitable fights will be heard by you eventually.
I don’t really remember picking my dress. I tried on several. I knew that I did not want a big poofy dress as I had done that at prom. I wanted something sexy and with buttons down the back like my mom’s dress. Below are the almosts.
My dream dress was too expensive so I went with a very close copy. Below is the dream dress.
I really LOVE the back of this dress.
There wasn’t really anything to “plan” besides the dresses. My mom really picked everything. We got married in our home parish where we had been confirmed the year before. That was truly special.
But about the actual day… Thomas and I were married on June 3rd at St. John’s. The night before we had our rehearsal and our rehearsal dinner. It had a lot of drama that really should have been avoided. The guilty party knows what he or she did to ruin it for us. I went back to my hometown to spend the night and to get ready with my family.
I don’t remember much about the morning. I went at 11:00 to get my hair done by my now former Aunt. We had not done a hair trial so we were kind of hoping it would work out! We watched the Price is Right and talked. It was really, really relaxing. She also gave me my wedding day jewelry. It was beautiful and I’m really glad she gave it to me as I had forgotten to pick something out! When we were finished, I went to Hannah’s house and had Zaxby’s and champagne. We’re so classy.
We then went and picked up our beautiful flowers from the florist. I swore up and down I wanted blue hydrangeas. I love hydrangeas, but I am unsure why I pitched such a fit to have them. But they were beautiful and to make it more special, my grandparents’ wedding rings were tied into them. They were happily married for over fifty years before my Granddaddy passed on. It was so comforting when I was walking down the aisle to slip my fingers through their rings and almost feel their presence.
That’s part one. Next time we'll make it down the aisle.
Love always






No comments:
Post a Comment