Dear Caroline,
I am officially a teacher. My first lesson is that teachers have to sit through a lot of meetings. I still feel unprepared but we have more meetings tomorrow! It felt amazing being introduced to the staff as a teacher. I even got my nametag today! I will be teaching twenty-two four year olds. There are so many things I am looking forward to. I am excited to expose so many little people to so many different things. They grow so quickly and absorb so much. But I think the most anticipated part of pre-kindergarten is Christmas! I love Christmas in general, but I am especially excited for this year. I am so ready to write letters to Santa and sing Christmas carols and I even plan to sneak in some Advent calendars. Thinking of this special time with other people’s children makes me miss you. I can’t wait until we get family Christmases. I can’t wait to write letters to Santa, bake Christmas cookies, attend Christmas Mass, sing sweet songs, and see the absolute joy of the miracle of Christmas in your face. All in due time suppose. I can’t wait until those things come to pass, but we have a long time to wait. Until then I suppose God is teaching me patience. Patience in my wait for you and in a smaller way patience for my little people. Colossians 3:12
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment