Dear Caroline,
Some people might think that nine years is a long time to wait for you. Then I remember that I waited six and a half years to marry Thomas. No one thought we would get married and that it was a long time to wait for something. It makes me sad to think that we live in a world where if something doesn’t happen instantly, it isn’t worth having. I believe that the best things happen to those who wait.
Our road to the altar was a long one! I was fifteen when I met Thomas. I was dating someone else casually and we met at a debate tournament. I was a green little teenager and he was a senior. Neither of us had planned to attend the event at the University of West Georgia. Our debate coaches pretty much forced us into going and we sat next to each other. The rest is history. We had so many obstacles to getting to the altar. We were both in high school when we met; we helped each other through divorces and family deaths. We survived the long distance and maturity issues. We just had a hard road to get where we are. It isn’t perfect, but we’re still working and growing in love each day. As of today, we’ve been married for two months. We cannot wait to hold you in our arms and make our family complete. I know that you, like Thomas, will be worth the wait.
Love Always
No comments:
Post a Comment