Dear Caroline,
I have been researching adoption from the other side. I have read horrible stories about what happens to Chinese girls that are abandoned. One article in particular scared me half to death!
There are many reasons for abandonment. Most of them are government issues but there are others. But the bigger, larger, more complex reason is that everything happens for a reason. You were meant to live with us. Today especially, the weight of your biological parents has been weighing on me intensely. I can only imagine the difficult decisions they must make. I have decided to begin to pray for your mother especially and pray for positive decisions and peace. It is very, very premature. But I started praying for my husband when I was ten so maybe not. It is insane to me to think that your biological mother could be a child as of today. She could be eight years old or younger! She has no idea the gift she will be giving us. I have decided to begin a novena just for her and I hope she can find peace. I will be making a prayer “schedule” of the various people we need to be praying for. This includes your biological parents, the initial orphanage, and the various social workers you’ll encounter. We’ll also be praying that you will be placed with an amazing Christian foster family until we can come to you. We’ll be starting this on Monday as various novenas and we’ll be repeating them often. Know that you are already being prayed for earnestly.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment