Dear Caroline,
Thomas and I have been discussing our career plans. I love my job. I fought against becoming a teacher for years for various reasons. When I changed my major in college it took almost three months for me to tell people because I knew I would get a lot of I told you so-s. Thomas, however, has begun to realize that a career change might be in his future.
I really admire Thomas. I admire him for many, many reasons. But mostly I admire him for making difficult decisions that made him who he is today. He currently works in a thankless job in the corrections department. What he does is very important to society in that he keeps people who have made bad decisions away from the general public. It makes me sad to see him work in such a dangerous place that he is beginning to tire of. I think that ultimately he will end up teaching in a high school or college somewhere. I think he would make a difference in that environment.
There are so many things continuing to weigh on my mind. Many things that aren’t really appropriate. I will continue to offer it up and hope that my plans are His plans. I think that God laughs at my plans and steers me in places I do not want to go. I am hesitant to follow because I might not like where I end up. I am terrified to wake up at eighty and still be living in my hometown. I want so many bigger things. It is my hope that you can accomplish everything you set your mind to. I hope you can define early what you want out of life. We will be supportive of those decisions. But more importantly trust our Father who knows your past, your present, and your future.
Love always
No comments:
Post a Comment